It will soon be springtime here in the ABQ, and that can only mean that once again it’s time to roll up your sleeves, get out your vacuum and duster, and give your home a thorough spring cleaning. Because we know what a chore this annual ritual can be, we here at Melloy Nissan, your number-one Nissan dealership in Albuquerque, New Mexico, want to give you some encouragement with some helpful spring-cleaning tips. Because we’re obviously partial to Nissans, we’re also including some additional ways you can give your ride a spring cleaning of its own.
For your Nissan:
- Clean the engine and underbody– Flush dirt from your car’s underbody with a high-pressure hose. Steam clean your engine (or have it professionally done) to remove dirt and grease buildup; especially on the engine itself. While you’re at it, check your battery terminals corrosive buildup and clean with a mixture of water and baking soda applied with a toothbrush.
- Protect your car’s exterior and interior – Use a good quality paste or liquid wax to both restore and protect your car’s finish. A stiff brush will remove dirt and grime from window channels, and floor mats… Or have your Nissan professionally detailed.
- Replace wiper blades – Be prepared for any wet springtime weather by installing a new set of wiper blades. You should do this as often as twice a year, or when they begin to show signs of wear like streaking, scraping, or skipping.
- Inspect your tires – Properly inflated tires help save gas and will increase their longevity. Look for the sticker inside the front driver’s side door for the correct psi or consult your owner’s manual. Visually look for uneven tread wear, cracks or gouges in the sidewalls, or nails. If you suspect a problem, take them to our service department here at Melloy Nissan.
- Check fluids and oil levels – If your brake or power-steering fluids look low, top them off with fluids made especially for your Nissan, and always use a clean, unopened container to avoid contamination. Check your antifreeze/coolant levels while the engine is cold by looking at the overflow reservoir. Most importantly, check your oil and transmission fluid. Our certified Nissan techs will be happy to do this for you.
For your home: Continue reading