The sounds of cracking bats, hotdog vendors, umpires’ calls, and cheering fans will once again fill Isotopes Park as the new-look Albuquerque Isotopes take the diamond for another thrilling Triple-A baseball season.
Orbit, mascot of the Isotopes. Photo Credit: Albuquerque Isotopes official website
New Season. New Faces.
The season officially gets underway at “The Lab” on Thursday, April 9 as the Isotopes host the Reno Aces as part of an eight-game home stand that includes four games against the Tacoma Raniers. Continue reading
If we asked you for five reasons why you love the holiday season, you could probably come up with 20. From delicious seasonal desserts to family gatherings to decorating the house, the list of enjoyable holiday traditions goes on and on. We personally love taking a drive around Albuquerque to view the twinkling Christmas lights. Albuquerque is known for its lively holiday celebrations. Here are some of our favorite regional holiday activities:
This annual New Mexico tradition is not to be missed. The ambience of the luminarias and Christmas lights creates a twinkling wonderland that lures in guests by the hundreds from all around the area. Continue reading
Our unique mix of cultures truly defines New Mexico as a very special place; especially when it comes to food. With the holidays quickly approaching, your friends here at Melloy Nissan found some truly unique and flavorful Thanksgiving recipes with a decidely Southwestern flair. They’re sure to turn your Thanksgiving feast into a zesty New Mexico-inspired holiday fiesta. Enjoy!
Chile-rubbed Turkey with Beet Stuffing & Gravy. Photo credit: Saveur.com
- Sopa de Chile Ancho – This deep-red ancho chili soup balances its substantial heat with a cooling crema and thinly sliced avocado.
- Squash Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce – This Cajun-style classic gets a New Mexican makeover with squash and raisins.
- Piquant Cornbread – A little bit of chili powder, jalapeños and cilantro go a long way to give this cornbread a slightly spicy kick.
- Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo – The earthy flavors of Brussels sprouts combine perfectly with chorizo’s spicy appeal.
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey with Beet Stuffing and Gravy – Give your holiday bird a uniquely Southwestern flavor with New Mexico and árbol chiles.
- Casa Dragones Guacamole – Direct from Mexico, this modern take on a traditional recipe uses a mortar and pestle for best results.
- Mexican-style Roasted Corn – This favorite of market vendors gets its distinctive flavor by charring the corn on the grill and rubbing with mayonnaise, cheese, cilantro, and chili powder.
- Oaxacan Stuffing – Chiles, fennel, prunes, and cumin give this stuffing a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Mexican Bread Pudding – The sweet syrup in this traditional Mexican dish is infused with cilantro and scallions for a unique twist.
- Oranges Stuffed With Coconut – Usually made with lime, this variation on a tasty Mexican dessert favorite uses oranges instead.