It will soon be springtime here in the ABQ, and that can only mean that once again it’s time to roll up your sleeves, get out your vacuum and duster, and give your home a thorough spring cleaning. Because we know what a chore this annual ritual can be, we here at Melloy Nissan, your number-one Nissan dealership in Albuquerque, New Mexico, want to give you some encouragement with some helpful spring-cleaning tips. Because we’re obviously partial to Nissans, we’re also including some additional ways you can give your ride a spring cleaning of its own.
For your Nissan:
- Clean the engine and underbody– Flush dirt from your car’s underbody with a high-pressure hose. Steam clean your engine (or have it professionally done) to remove dirt and grease buildup; especially on the engine itself. While you’re at it, check your battery terminals corrosive buildup and clean with a mixture of water and baking soda applied with a toothbrush.
- Protect your car’s exterior and interior – Use a good quality paste or liquid wax to both restore and protect your car’s finish. A stiff brush will remove dirt and grime from window channels, and floor mats… Or have your Nissan professionally detailed.
- Replace wiper blades – Be prepared for any wet springtime weather by installing a new set of wiper blades. You should do this as often as twice a year, or when they begin to show signs of wear like streaking, scraping, or skipping.
- Inspect your tires – Properly inflated tires help save gas and will increase their longevity. Look for the sticker inside the front driver’s side door for the correct psi or consult your owner’s manual. Visually look for uneven tread wear, cracks or gouges in the sidewalls, or nails. If you suspect a problem, take them to our service department here at Melloy Nissan.
- Check fluids and oil levels – If your brake or power-steering fluids look low, top them off with fluids made especially for your Nissan, and always use a clean, unopened container to avoid contamination. Check your antifreeze/coolant levels while the engine is cold by looking at the overflow reservoir. Most importantly, check your oil and transmission fluid. Our certified Nissan techs will be happy to do this for you.
For your home:
- Give that welcome mat a welcome cleaning – You’ll be surprised at how hard your welcome mat works to keep dirt and grime from tracking into your house. Brush or wash it off so it can keep doing its job more effectively.
- Give your carpets and upholstery the once-over – You may not be able to see it, but lots of grime, grease, and dirt have built up on your upholstery and your carpets, leaving them looking dingy. Rent a steam cleaner or use a professional service for a really deep clean. Place furniture legs on wax paper squares to protect them instead of moving them. Open windows and doors and turn on ceiling fans to both air your house out and speed up drying time.
- Save time with a combination cleaner/wax for your floors – Save time and elbow grease with a product that combines a cleaner and a waxer all in one. Follow all directions.
- Wash walls, woodwork, cabinets, and baseboards – Some dish detergent, a sponge and a couple of buckets (one for the soap and the other for rinsing) are all you need to tackle cleaning these items. For hard-to-reach areas, use a sponge mop with a handle. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Make vacuuming easier – It used to be that you had to move your furniture from one side of the room to the other to affect a good cleaning. But according to the experts, all you really need to do is move your heavier furniture a bit to the right or left and then vacuum the uncovered area, saving time and backaches.
- Clean furnace and AC filters –Replace your furnace/AC filters every three months or when they show a buildup of dust and dirt. Use a cloth and vacuum with a brush attachment to clean off the vents.
- Illuminate your world– Clean light fixtures with an all-purpose cleaner, sponge, and polishing cloth. If you need to use a ladder be sure and have someone there to hold it for you. You can also purchase an extended-reach cleaning tool to make the job easier.
- Clean your fridge inside and out –Use warm soapy water and a sponge to clean the inside of your fridge after you’ve cleared it out of food. Throw away expired items. Move the fridge out from the wall and clean off the condenser coils as well.
We’re cleaning house with great deals on new Nissans
You’ll really clean up during our springtime savings event here at Melloy Nissan. Take advantage of dealer discounts and money-saving manufacturer incentives on our wide selection of new 2015 Nissans. Like $0 down or just $231 a month on a stylish new 2015 Nissan Altima, or $0 down and only $284 a month on the 2015 Nissan Rogue. These are just some of the savings you’ll discover when you stop by Melloy Nissan at 7707 Lomas Blvd., N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87110. For more information, or to schedule a test drive, call 888-599-8669. For our service department, call 888-599-8674.