Our unique mix of cultures truly defines New Mexico as a very special place; especially when it comes to food. With the holidays quickly approaching, your friends here at Melloy Nissan found some truly unique and flavorful Thanksgiving recipes with a decidely Southwestern flair. They’re sure to turn your Thanksgiving feast into a zesty New Mexico-inspired holiday fiesta. Enjoy!
- Sopa de Chile Ancho – This deep-red ancho chili soup balances its substantial heat with a cooling crema and thinly sliced avocado.
- Squash Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce – This Cajun-style classic gets a New Mexican makeover with squash and raisins.
- Piquant Cornbread – A little bit of chili powder, jalapeños and cilantro go a long way to give this cornbread a slightly spicy kick.
- Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo – The earthy flavors of Brussels sprouts combine perfectly with chorizo’s spicy appeal.
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey with Beet Stuffing and Gravy – Give your holiday bird a uniquely Southwestern flavor with New Mexico and árbol chiles.
- Casa Dragones Guacamole – Direct from Mexico, this modern take on a traditional recipe uses a mortar and pestle for best results.
- Mexican-style Roasted Corn – This favorite of market vendors gets its distinctive flavor by charring the corn on the grill and rubbing with mayonnaise, cheese, cilantro, and chili powder.
- Oaxacan Stuffing – Chiles, fennel, prunes, and cumin give this stuffing a sweet and spicy flavor.
- Mexican Bread Pudding – The sweet syrup in this traditional Mexican dish is infused with cilantro and scallions for a unique twist.
- Oranges Stuffed With Coconut – Usually made with lime, this variation on a tasty Mexican dessert favorite uses oranges instead.
Be sure to comment if you try any of these recipes and let us know how your family enjoyed your Southwest Thanksgiving celebration.
You’ll also savor some delicious deals on our large inventory of 2015 Nissans, as well as our wide selection of certified pre-owned vehicles, during this festive time of year. From the stylish and well-equipped 2015 Nissan Altima to the spirited and fuel-efficient 2015 Nissan Versa to the powerful 2015 Nissan Titan, you’re sure to find the right car at the right price here at Melloy Nissan.
We’ve been proudly serving New Mexico for 50 years. Stop by our Nissan dealership at 7707 Lomas Blvd., N.E. in Albuquerque, NM. We’re conveniently located just off I-40 (Coronado Fwy.) north of Kirtland AFB. To schedule a test drive, call 888-599-8669, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Mexican-inspired Thanksgiving recipes, visit: http://www.saveur.com/article/-/Mexican-Style-Thanksgiving-Ideas